This is useful if you need to have someone approve content before it is to be published but don't want them to have full access to the CMS.
- This is not possible for sites that use IP White listing for access to the cms domain
- Login to the CMS with admin credentials
- Click the "Security" link on the main left navigation (/admin/security/)
- Click the "Groups" tab in the top left
- Add a new Group, don't select a "Parent Group" and leave all "Permissions" unchecked
- Save the Group, this will give you the ability to add Users to the Group
- Add existing or new users as required
- Click the "Pages" link on the main left navigation (/admin/pages/)
- Select the page you wish to be reviewed
- Click the "Settings" tab in the top right
- Uncheck "Show in menus?" & "Show in search?" for Visibility (see Screenshots below)
- Select "Only these people (choose from list)" for "Who can view this page?", this will reveal a new field that allows you to select the new Group you created in the previous steps(see Screenshots below)
- You can now Publish the page and users will be unable find or access the page.
- Provide the link for the page to the person that needs to approve it.
- When accessed by a user that is not-logged into the the CMS the browser will re-direct to allow the user to login
- After successful login the page can be viewed in it's published state
- To make the page visible to the general public just re-check "Show in menus?" & "Show in search?" for Visibility and select "Inherit from parent page" or "Anyone" for "Who can view this page?" in the "Settings" for the page.