A full tutorial on how CrowdHandler works, including definitions and how to edit each field.
CrowdHandler 2 Definitions:
Configure - Basic Settings
- Connection Limit - Number of user sessions that are allowed into the ticketing path.
- Poll rate - Time in seconds between the users holding page checks for updates.
- Queuecap Limit - This is always set by us and will stay the same dependant on the Crowdhandler package that you're on - the number within the field states how many users your waiting room is allowed. Once this number is hit, they will be directed to a new page ( Queuefull ) and will have to refresh the page which Crowdhandler is protecting in order to be put into the waiting room (Note: They will not be put back in until there's capacity in your waiting room)
- URL Ignore List - A list of URLs that should not trigger a waiting room session, generally reserved for asset requests i.e. .js, .jpg. png
- Waiting room Timeout - Time in minutes that the user can remain in the waiting room queue without polling. Designed to prevent sessions taking up waiting room space for users that have left the queue.
- Purchase Path Timeout - Time in minutes that the user can remain in the purchase path until their session expires.
- Can be moved on timeout - Time in minutes that the user can remain in the can be moved on state without polling.
- Phone Waiting Room timeout - Same as waiting room timeout variable but only affects mobile users. Generally much higher than waiting room timeout to account for mobile devices falling to sleep.
- Phone can be moved on timeout - Same as phone can be moved on timeout variable but only affects mobile users. Generally much higher than phone can be moved to account for mobile devices falling to sleep.
Configure - Advanced Settings
- Backend Server - Address of the IP or load balancer that Crowdhandler will proxy traffic to.
- Holding Page Bucket - S3 bucket location of the static waiting room files.
- Final Checkout Page - URL of the final checkout page in the ticketing path. Used by Crowdhandler to determine users sessions that have completed their purchase.
Configuring the Admin Panel
There are only a few settings within the Admin Panel that can be touched, these are; Connection Limit / Poll Rate / Purchase Path Timeout / Phone Waiting Room Timeout and Phone Can Be Moved Timeout.
For each of these fields it's completely up to you what these are set to - the preset settings are there for recommendation however can be edited to suit yourself.
Nothing should be touched within the Advanced Settings.
These are the fields that are completely dependant on you - we use preset messaging to get the basic messages on the waiting room page.
Editing the messaging fields is very simple, it's a matter of changing text to what you'd like it to be. First, you make the change that you desire, followed by clicking 'Update' - this pushes your change live.
Please see the attached video for a brief overview on Crowdhandler 2 as well as how to change Youtube videos.
If you'd like to view your changes even when the waiting room isn't active, you can go to: (Note: Your site must be pointing at Crowdhandler for this to be take place)
The site Crowdhandler is protecting followed by /ch/undefined - this lets you view your waiting room page as it would look live - you may need to open in a new incognito window as the page is heavily cached. Please see my example below.